Looking to get outside, hone in current skills, or try something new? Our trips program is for you!
Adventure Trip Types
- Backpacking & Hiking
- Various How to Clinics
- Rock Climbing
- Sea Kayaking
- Whitewater Rafting & Kayaking
- Break Trips
- Big Orange Welcome
Adventure Trip Calendar
- Kayak Pool Sessions
- Every Wednesday in the Student Aquatic center from 5-7pm. Come learn the basics of whitewater kayaking with in an open, relaxed environment. Free. Beginner and experienced boaters welcome.
- Toprope and lead Belay Clinics
- Come learn the basics of toprope or lead climbing. clinics offered weekly.
Register online for a trip
(or register in-person in the Outdoor Center.)
Be sure to read important general trip information & policies listed below.
Important Trip Information
- On most trips, you don’t need any experience. Really. If a trip requires experience, we’ll indicate what experience you should have.
- Trip costs include transportation, food (if overnight), equipment, camping, trip leaders and other miscellaneous fees.
- Trips are open to all current UT students (graduate and undergraduate) as well as faculty and staff with an active RecSports membership.
- Needed outdoor gear and equipment is provided for each trip at no additional cost.
- Cancellations – We reserve the right to cancel a program due to inclement weather, natural disasters, or extenuating circumstances. In the event we must cancel a program, a full trip refund will be provided.
- Should you choose to cancel, your registration fees will be refunded if we are notified of the cancellation 14 days before the registration deadline.
Trip Resources (Coming Soon)
Example Packing Lists