Looking to get outside, hone in current skills, or try something new? Our trips program is for you!
Adventure Trip Calendar
- Kayak Pool Sessions
- Every Wednesday in the Student Aquatic center from 5-7pm during the Fall and Spring semester. Come learn the basics of whitewater kayaking with in an open, relaxed environment. Free. Beginner and experienced boaters welcome.
- Toprope and lead Belay Clinics
- Come learn the basics of toprope or lead climbing. clinics offered weekly.
Fall 2023 Break trips:
Winter Break : Winter Park Colorado Ski Trip . Registration opens September 20 at 9am
Important Trip Information
- On most trips, you don’t need any experience. Really. If a trip requires experience, we’ll indicate what experience you should have.
- Trip costs include transportation, food (if overnight), equipment, camping, trip leaders and other miscellaneous fees.
- Trips are open to all current UT students (graduate and undergraduate) as well as faculty and staff with an active RecSports membership. No guests are allowed on trips.
- Needed outdoor gear and equipment is provided for each trip at no additional cost.
- Cancellations – We reserve the right to cancel a program due to inclement weather, natural disasters, or extenuating circumstances. In the event we must cancel a program, a full trip refund will be provided.
- Should you choose to cancel, your registration fees will be refunded if we are notified of the cancellation 14 days before the registration deadline. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate this process.
- “No-Showing” for a trip or clinic (registering, and not notifying the program of your inability to addend) more than once may result in a loss of privileges to join on any future trips for one year.
Trip Resources (Coming Soon)
Example Packing Lists