All memberships are nontransferable.
The dependent option enables students and faculty/staff to sponsor one to two individuals under the age of 23 living in the same household as dependent(s) members.
- Student first and second Dependent (Ages 0–23 years): $70 each per semester (additional)
**NOTE: Areas of use in facilities are restricted for ages 0–16 yrs
- Faculty & Staff first dependent (ages 0–23 yrs): $25 per month or $300 per year (additional)
- Faculty & Staff second dependent (Ages 0–23 yrs): $15 per month or $180 per year (additional)
- Dependent must live in the same household and be under the age of 23. (Certain restrictions are listed in the participant handbook for dependents).
- Parents or guardians must accompany and have direct supervision of all dependents under 18 years of age.
- Parents or guardians are expected to be familiar with the age restrictions posted in each activity area.
- Dependents age 16 and under are not permitted in group exercise classes or in the fitness areas at any time.
For purchasing dependent(s) memberships, please visit the administrative office (2nd floor of TRECS) or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
General Disclaimer: RecSports and the Division of Student Life reserves the right to limit dependent membership if the demand affects the use of the RecSports facilities for the current student body.
- Proof of UT Knoxville affiliation must be presented to purchase membership for all options.
- UT employee must be a RecSports member to sponsor dependent members.
- The Student, Faculty and/or Staff member sponsoring the dependent(s) must be present at the time of purchase.
- Dependent memberships must be purchased in person.
- Memberships can be purchased from the RecSports administrative office (2nd floor of TRECS) during regular business hours.
- For a complete list of the RecSports membership rates (and who can become a RecSports member), please refer to the membership options and rates:
- Issues concerning validity of dependent members for membership will be turned over to the UT director of human resources and the Department of Human Resources for verification if an employee; or the Student Judicial Office if a student.
- Dependent memberships are valid as long as the sponsor is affiliated with UT Knoxville. When the sponsor is no longer affiliated with UT Knoxville (no longer employed or enrolled) the dependent membership is terminated.
- Additional fee of $8 will be charged for a “Plus” Membership Card for new members without UT Knoxville ID.
- UT “Plus” photo ID cards will be processed at the VolCard office (408 Student Services Building, Circle Park) after you have paid for your RecSports membership.
- If your RecSports card is lost or stolen, the cost for a replacement card is $30 at the VolCard office.
- Payment options are cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or payroll deduction (for UT employees only).
- The payroll deduction option is only available to regular faculty/staff that are paid through the university’s payroll office. Faculty/staff members may elect to have their membership fees deducted monthly through the payroll office from UT employee’s payroll account. RecSports accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Members choosing one of these methods of payment will be required to pay for a monthly or yearly membership in advance at the current membership rate. All dependent memberships are linked to the RecSports membership account for the sponsoring UT employee or student.
- Cancellation Information: In order to cancel payroll deduction membership, you must fill out this FORM.
- Dependent members are not eligible to participate in Intramural Sports or Club Sports.