All memberships are nontransferable.
The “Plus One”option enables students and university faculty and staff members to sponsor one other individual over the age of 18 living in the same household as a “Plus One” member.
- Student “Plus One” member: $110/semester (additional)
- Faculty & Staff “Plus One” member: $324/yr (additional)
To become a member, stop by TRECS or call 865-974-0492 for more information.
General Disclaimer: RecSports and the Division of Student Life reserves the right to limit “Plus One” membership if the demand affects the use of the RecSports facilities for the current student body.
- Proof of UT Knoxville affiliation must be presented to purchase membership for all classifications.
- UT employee must be a RecSports member to sponsor a “Plus One” member and/or dependents.
- The Student, Faculty and/or Staff member sponsoring the “Plus One” or Dependent Child must be present at the time of purchase.
- “Plus One” memberships must be purchased in person.
- Photo ID, proof of age, and verification of common residence of the “Plus One”member will be required as part of the RecSports membership application process.
- Proof of common residence is required of both the sponsoring member and “Plus One” member. Accepted forms of proof are:
- Driver’s license
- Lease agreement
- Marriage certificate
- Car registration
- Pay stub dated within the last 30 days
General Disclaimer: The Department of RecSports has the right to review additional forms or documents to verify proof of residence.
- Memberships can be purchased from the TRECS administrative office (2nd Floor) during regular business hours—Academic Year: Mon–Thurs 8 a.m.–6 p.m. and Fri 8 a.m.–5 p.m.; Summer (May–August 15th): Mon–Fri 8 a.m.–5 p.m. If you need special arrangements, please call 865-974-5744.
- For a complete list of the RecSports membership rates (and who can become a RecSports member), please refer to the membership fee and classifications schedule:
- Issues concerning validity of “Plus One” member for membership will be turned over to the UT director of human resources and the Department of Human Resources for verification if an employee; or the Student Judicial Office if a student.
- Retirees must have a “UTK Retiree” ID Card.
- “Plus One” memberships are valid as long as the sponsor is affiliated with UT Knoxville. When the sponsor is no longer affiliated with UT Knoxville (no longer employed or enrolled) the“Plus One” membership is terminated.
- Additional fee of $8 will be charged for a “Plus” Membership Card for new members without UT Knoxville ID.
- UT “Plus” photo ID cards will be processed at the VolCard office (Gate #9 at Neyland Stadium) after you have paid for your RecSports membership.
- If your RecSports card is lost or stolen, the cost for a replacement card is $30 at the VolCard office.
- Payment options are cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or payroll deduction (for UT employees only).
- The payroll deduction option is only available to regular faculty/staff that are paid through the university’s payroll office. Faculty, staff members, and their “Plus One” may elect to have their membership fees deducted monthly through the payroll office from UT employee’s payroll account. RecSports accepts cash, check, Visa, and MasterCard. Members choosing one of these methods of payment will be required to pay for a full year membership in advance at the current yearly membership rate. All “Plus One” memberships are linked to the RecSports membership account for the sponsoring UT employee or student.
- Cancellation Information: In order to cancel payroll deduction membership, you must fill out and sign a cancellation card at the RecSports office. (TRECS Room 201). The UT Payroll Office requires a signed and completed payroll deduction cancellation card to cancel payroll deduction of RecSports membership.
- “Plus One” members are not eligible to participate in Intramural Sports or Club Sports.