Faculty/Staff/Emeritus/Plus-One Membership During Closure
During the period in which RecSports Facilities, Programs, and Services are temporarily closed, the following actions will take place with regard to Facilty/Staff/Emeritus/Plus-One Membership:
- Payroll Deduction: Faculty/Staff who have a membership fee being automatically withdrawn through payroll deduction will have payments paused for the duration of the closure.
- Payments-in-Full: All membership for Faculty/Staff/Emeritis/Plus-One members who have paid-in-full will have the remaining duration of their membership moved forward in time and applied to future months. Example: A Faculty Member who has purchased 3 months worth of membership at the start of March will have 3 months worth of membership starting at the point in which RecSports facilities reopen for business.
- Request for Refund: All request for a refund should be made through the RecSports Contact Form.
All eligible full-time faculty and staff may receive a free two-week (14 consecutive days) trial membership (one per year). You must wait 365 days before you are eligible to receive another trial membership. Please stop by the administration office membership desk in the TRECS to activate your trial membership during normal business hours (8 a.m.– 5 p.m., Monday–Friday, excluding holidays, administrative, and weather closings). “Plus one” and dependents are not eligible for trial membership.
- Faculty & Staff member: $324/yr
- Faculty & Staff “Plus One” member: $324/yr (additional)
- Faculty & Staff member first dependent (ages 0–23 yrs): $300/yr
- Faculty & Staff additional dependents (Ages 0–23 yrs): $180/yr (additional)
- **NOTE: Areas of use in facilities are restricted for ages 0–16 yrs
- Daily Use (only faculty & staff with valid ID, no medical center IDs):
- Click here for more information on “Plus One” memberships
To become a member, stop by TRECS or call 865-974-0492 for more information.
- Retirees, with “UTK Retiree” ID Only: $300/yr
- Retiree “Plus One”: $300/yr
- Retiree Child-Dependent (age 0–23): $300/year
- Retirees must have a “UTK Retiree” ID Card
- Guest Policy: Guests are permitted to use the facilities while in the company of a valid university participant if they purchase a guest pass. A guest pass can be purchased at the TRECS welcome desk and SAC information desk and is valid for one-day use at all recreation facilities. Participants are responsible for the conduct of their guest and must stay with their guest at all times. If a sponsor leaves a facility, the guest must also exit.
- Guest accompanying RecSports Member: $10/day
Membership is a privilege, which may be modified or revoked at any time by RecSports or the university.
Proof of UT affiliation must be presented to purchase membership for all classifications.
Issues concerning validity of “Plus One” will be turned over to the UT director of human resources and the Department of Human Resources for verification.
All memberships, including payroll deductions, must be completed in person. Please contact the RecSports office at 865-974-0492 for more information.
Forms and Manuals