Get the quality name-brand gear you need to hike, bike, paddle, climb, and camp. Available to rent: kayaks, backpacks, tents, sleeping bags, mountain and road bikes, coolers, stoves, and more.
The Outdoor Center is located in the lower level of TRECS.
To check equipment availability, call 865-974-9749.
NOTE: On mobile devices, swipe right to see full table.
|General Camping||1 Day||Weekend|
|3- & 4-Person Tents||$5||$10|
|Ridgerest Ensolite Sleeping Pad||$2||$4|
|Crazy Creek Chair||$2||$4|
|2-Burner Propane Stove (does not include fuel)||$4||$6|
|Water Bottle (1 qt)||$1||$2|
|Rock Climbing/Caving||1 Day||Weekend|
|*All bike rentals include helmet and lock.|
|Water Sports||1 Day||Weekend|
|Whitewater Kayak Package*||$15||$25|
|Sea Kayak Package*^||$15||$25|
|Fly Fishing Package****||$10||$15|
*Both kayak packages include kayak, spray skirt, PFD, helmet, and paddle
^To rent a sea kayak, you must have a roof rack. Sea kayaks are 16-feet long
|****Fly Fishing package includes rod, reel, waders|
|Winter Sports||1 Day||Weekend|
|Cross-Country Ski Package**||$10||$15|
|** Package includes boots, skis, and poles. These skis are NOT for ski resort use. Rather, they are used like snowshoes.|
- We can accept cash, check, Vol Card, MaterCard, or Visa.
- Equipment is available to current UT students, as well as faculty and staff with a valid RecSports membership.
- Rental Rate Periods: Daily (24 hours) and weekend (Friday–Monday)
- Equipment returned late is charged at twice the daily rate for every day the equipment is late.
- Renter is held financially responsible for cleaning, theft, loss, abnormal wear and tear damage, and any late fees assessed.
- Any fees not paid within one month of the scheduled return date, results in a hold placed on the renter’s university account.
- Refunds are not given for equipment rentals once rented.